Suma's Murphy's Law
GREY 1988, IHR 37869. Breed:RID
SUMA'S MURPHY'S LAW (803)
Height: 166 cms.
Girth: 199 cms.
Bone: 23 cms.
|PRIDE OF SHAUNLARA, IHR 14826 (RID 636)
||MILESTONE, IHR 14281 (RID 498)
|BOSTON BURGLAR, IHR 1090976 (RID 6440)
|SOFTEE, IHR 1471864 (RID 10243)
||SKYLARK, IHR 15504 (RID 627)
|GOODNESS GRACIOUS 2, IHR 1213857 (RID 7933)
Full of character, and truly his father's son, Pride of Shaunlara, Murphy has a great life. In winter he hunts or competes in Winter leagues and in summer he runs out with mares. From very few chances he has sired a Champion Show Hunter in Florida, a Grade C jumper, SILLY SEASON, an Amateur Grand Prix winner, RED ALERT and a Champion Show Hunter COOL BAWN in the U.K. who was also 5th at Wembley Horse of the Year Show '01. Also many fun horses with devoted owners. In 2002 he is the sire of Mr. Murphy QC who was the 4.y.o. winner of the Future Event Horse League qualifier at Tattersalls.
One of the only Approved stallions to run with mares.
(subject to certain conditions)
Conditions of Running Out Mare with Murphy
- He will not be out until some time in May.
- Mares not to have a foal at foot.
- No hind shoes (obviously!). Mares must be worm dosed on arrival.
- Mares must be catchable at all times and wear a well-fitted headcollar at all times.
- Mares must have at least one totally clean swab while in season.
- If the mare does not settle with him or if he does not take to her, she comes out immediately. Sometimes he knows better than us when she is not fit to go in foal and will see her out of the herd.
- Mares are ENTIRELY at the owner's risk. We will give first aid if needed but at the owner's cost. It is more likely that Murphy himself gets hurt by possessive mares!
Best prospects for this method of
breeding are mature maidens or older barrens.
Postscript 2003, Murphy
has moved to England where he now runs with his own herd of mares at Brumleya Stud.